Wright Library now offers online eCards for patrons who only want virtual, remote access to Wright Library's digital collections.
Coronavirus service update: Although eCards are intended for patrons who do not already have a Wright Library card, if your existing library account is blocked due to fines, you may apply for a temporary eCard to gain access to our online collections during our closure. Applicants still must be Ohio residents. Contact the library if you have difficulty applying online.
- completely free-- just like our standard library cards-- and also free from fines!
- virtual only; no physical card is involved, no visit to the library is required;
- used to access eBooks, eAudiobooks, streaming video and audio, and other online resources requiring a library card;
- available to any current Ohio resident 13-years or older (proof required) who does not already have a Wright Library card (those under 13 should submit our application for minors-- see Get a Library Card);
- upgradable to a standard library card by visiting the library in person, with proper ID + proof of address (see Get a Card for standard card requirements);
- not valid for borrowing any physical items;
- not needed for existing Wright Library patrons who already have access to our digital content using their existing card.
To register for an eCard:
- Complete our online registration form.
- Check the "eCard only" box near the bottom of the form.
- Within 1-2 business days, receive an email with your new eCard number, plus instructions for submitting proof of your Ohio address.
- Submit your valid proof of address within 14 days of the email to confirm your eCard.
- If you do not provide verification within 14 days, your card will be deactivated.
With an eCard, you gain to access to thousands of popular digital titles in a variety of formats. (See our Digital Services page.)
eCards never have overdue fines.
If you decide later that you want access to our physical collection (including books, movies, video games, Wifi hotspots and other devices, museum passes, and Makerboxes) just visit the library in person with valid photo ID + proof of current address to upgrade to a card with full borrowing privileges.